Saturday, June 21, 2008

Elsewhere on the web

Perhaps it's a punk-ass way to fill posts, but I do a lot of my longest hunks of writing in the comments threads at other people's blogs. So, in the interests of centralization of production in the finest Soviet style, after the jump are some of my favorite comments-threads participations. In all cases, I'm posting as That Fuzzy Bastard, so a quick search should turn me up fast-like:

On Grand Theft Auto, choice, women, and Brecht

A long discussion of violence, games, genre, and attacking your audience

My Walter Chaw/Armond White 2-minute-Hate---but it's all in the name of civility, I swear!


A little bit about merit pay, teachers' unions, and Obama

On Spike Lee's Clockers and 'hood movies' pretensions

And more Spike Lee, on Crooklyn

Some thoughts on Michael Scott in the US version of The Office

On Guitar Hero and strippers

Oh, and In Cold Blood? That's another book I don't like!


Microsoft and marketing (and also taste)

Quentin Tarantino vs Jean-Luc Godard

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Eh. I've done this a couple of times. Ultimately, comments may be as important as posting, I think, or one may lead to another. Several members of the left-leaning blog networks got their start by being commenters, after all.

That Fuzzy Bastard said...

And it predates blogs! One of the very entertaining things about comics from the 70s and 80s is the number of later-to-be-famous-comics-writers who show up in the letter columns---I seem to recall that Dan Clowes had an embarrassingly fanboyish letter to Justice League come back to haunt him.