Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Critical Thoughts on 'First Post'

Thanks Fuzzy, and I'm delighted to finally get this underway. I'd start off my first post with an explanation of what this blog is about, but anything more specific than movie, video game, television and media culture in general would be too ambitious. Maybe a sprinkle of urbanist political perspective you'll hear from me from time to time, too.

Most of my media intake these days is via DVD, my main shows these days being 'Tanner '88', 'Battlestar Galactica', and I'm starting to get into 'Freaks and Geeks'- which Fuzzy Bastard has generously made available to me, but since it's summer- I've been trying to get out more, see the museum exhibitions, and avail myself of the great outdoors. I might also mention a Joss Whedon-centric three year media enrichment in some ways influencing my pop-cultural perspective.

In time, expect to hear my thoughts on the just-closed musical Grey Gardens based on the legendary Maysle's Brothers documentary of the same name, which I caught two weeks ago just in the nick of time.

Until then, yours in chocolate, Tintin, and jewlery,

the belge

No comments: